Puppy Kindergarten- Early Development
This 4-Week Class is Perfect for Starting out with your Puppy!
Puppy development is only a small part of your dog's life but it is the most important!
Invest in your puppy's future!
In our classes we will cover all of the important developmental phases and all of the obedience basiscs that your puppy will need to know before they reach maturity.
Any breed of puppies, ages 12 weeks (or puppies with 2nd round of shots) to 6 months are encouraged to attend this class.
We will cover:
- House & Potty Training
- Crate Training and Boundaries
- The Crazy Nipping & Biting Phase
- Importance of Participating in the Socialization Phase
- Proper and fun Socialzation with Puppies & Humans in class
- Preventing Adolesent Problems
- Proper Greetings with People and Dogs
- What is Appropriate Play Between Dogs
Plus all the basic commands:
- Automatic Sit & Stay
- Beginning to Walk on a Loose Leash
- Lie Down
- Drop-it and avoid chasing your puppy
- Learn how to Come when Called Reliably
Early socialization is imperative for
puppies before they turn 16 weeks.
This is during their early brain growth
period and proper socialization
will help you avoid future fears and aggression!
Behavioral problems caused by the lack of socialization
done during the ages of 7 weeks to 16 weeks
is the #1 killer of dogs!!
*Puppies must have had at least two rounds of booster shots at least 10 days before class start date.
American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior has passed a position paper stating that early socialization (first 3 months) is critical. Studies show that more dogs are put down or surrendered to shelters due to behavioral problems caused by lack of socialization at the critical ages of 7 weeks to 16 weeks than any type of ilness.
CLICK HERE TO READ